Los Angeles California Personal Injury Attorney
Accidents may lead to the most devastating personal injuries and could leave the victim scarred for life. After an injury, you may face mounting medical bills, lost wages due to missed work, and physical and emotional pain and suffering. Whatever the circumstances, if you are suffering due to the negligence of another, you may be entitled to financial compensation. With the help of an experienced Los Angeles California personal injury attorney, you can fight for the compensation you deserve.
At Conlogue Law LLP, we are dedicated to providing our clients with the best possible legal representation for their personal injury cases. Our attorneys have years of experience and a deep understanding of California’s personal injury laws and will fight for your rights.
A single accident can change the course of your life. Let experienced, compassionate, and dedicated attorneys help you achieve the best outcome for your claim. We understand the emotional and financial toll a personal injury can have on you and your family, and we are committed to helping you get the compensation you deserve.
Why Do I Need a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney?
Having a Los Angeles personal injury attorney on your side is important to ensure that you receive the proper legal representation and advice. These attorneys are skilled in the field of personal injury law and have the experience necessary to fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
Retaining a personal injury attorney can greatly benefit an individual who has been injured in an accident. The attorney, who is experienced t in the legal aspects of personal injury cases, can help with the following:
- Navigating the legal process
- Dealing with insurance companies and ensuring that the injured person receives fair compensation.
- Gathering and presenting evidence to build a strong case.
- Representing the injured person in court, if necessary.
- Explaining the injured person’s rights and options in order to make informed decisions.
- Shouldering the legal burden and reducing stress for the injured person to focus on recovery.
It’s worth noting that hiring an attorney does not guarantee a specific outcome, but it can greatly increase the chances of success and receiving fair compensation.
What is Personal Injury?
Personal injury refers to an injury or harm suffered by an individual as a result of the negligent or intentional actions of another person or entity. Personal injury cases can arise from a wide variety of circumstances, including but not limited to:
- Motor vehicle accidents (including truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, boating accidents, and Uber/Lyft accidents)
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice (that may cause birth injury)
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Wrongful death
In a personal injury case, the person who caused the injury (the “defendant”) may be held liable for the harm suffered by the injured person (the “plaintiff”). This can include compensatory damages (i.e. payment for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering) or punitive damages (i.e. payment intended to punish the defendant for particularly egregious behavior).
Personal injury law allows the injured person to seek compensation for their damages. It also holds those who caused the injury accountable for their actions and can serve as a deterrent to prevent similar incidents in the future.
What is Negligence in a Personal Injury Case?
Negligence is the failure to exercise due care. It entails either doing or failing to do anything that a reasonable person in the situation would fairly be expected to do. In addition, it is when a person’s activity or omission directly causes or significantly contributes to the accident.
Unsure of whether you can point out the right negligent individuals that caused you injuries? The best route to take is to speak with a personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles, California. At Conlogue Law LLP, we understand how difficult it is to recuperate from injuries and try to seek compensation from negligent parties. Let us handle the latter for you. We aim to win the case that will allow you to take home the best settlement possible so you can focus more on healing.
What is the California Personal Injury Law?
The California Personal Injury Law, also known as the California Tort Law, is a set of legal principles that govern the rights and remedies of individuals injured due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another person or entity. Under this law, injured individuals may be able to recover damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering, from the party responsible for their injuries. Additionally, California has a “comparative negligence” rule, which means that even if the injured person is partially at fault for an accident, they may still be able to recover damages, but it would be reduced by the percentage of fault attributed to them.
How Do I Know if I Have a Case?
The best way to determine if you have a personal injury case is to contact a qualified and experienced Los Angeles California personal injury attorney. These attorneys can review the facts of your case and determine if you have a valid claim. Conlogue Law LLP, a Los Angeles personal injury law firm, can provide you with valuable legal advice to help you understand the law and your rights. Knowing you have a case is a big step towards fighting for the best settlement to compensate for medical bills and other damages following a personal injury.
How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim in Los Angeles?
Filing a personal injury claim in Los Angeles typically involves the following steps:
- Gather evidence: Collect any relevant evidence related to the accident, such as photographs of the accident scene, medical records, and witness statements.
- Seek medical treatment: If you have not already done so, seek medical treatment for your injuries as soon as possible. This will help you recover and provide evidence of the extent of your injuries.
- Consult with a personal injury attorney: It is highly recommended to consult with a personal injury attorney who can advise you on your legal rights and options and help you navigate the claims process.
- File a claim: Once you have gathered all the necessary evidence and clearly understand your legal rights, your attorney will file a claim with the insurance company of the party responsible for your injuries.
- Negotiate a settlement: Your attorney will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to reach a settlement that compensates you for your losses.
- Take legal action: If a settlement cannot be reached, your attorney may recommend taking legal action, such as filing a lawsuit, to pursue compensation for your injuries.
It is important to note that there is a statute of limitation for personal injury claims in California, which is two years from the date of the accident. That means that you have only two years from the date of the accident to file a claim. Otherwise, you will be barred from recovery.
What Compensation Can I Get from My Personal Injury Case?
If you are successful in your personal injury case, you may be able to recover compensation for a variety of losses and expenses, including
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of all medical treatment related to your injuries, including hospitalization, doctor’s visits, physical therapy, and prescription medications.
- Lost wages: If you were unable to work as a result of your injuries, you may be able to recover the wages you would have earned if you had not been injured.
- Pain and suffering: You may be able to recover compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you experienced as a result of your injuries.
- Loss of consortium: If your injuries have affected your ability to have a normal relationship with your spouse or partner, you may be able to recover compensation for this loss.
- Property damage: If your personal property, such as your car, was damaged in the accident, you may be able to recover compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, the court may award punitive damages in addition to compensatory damages; these are intended to punish the defendant for particularly outrageous behavior and acts to deter the defendant and others from engaging in similar conduct in the future.
The amount of compensation you are awarded will depend on the specific circumstances of your case, including the severity of your injuries and the extent of your losses. An attorney can help you estimate how much you may be entitled to and how to claim it.
What is the Statute of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Los Angeles is two years from the date of the accident. This means that if you do not file your claim within two years of the date of the accident, you may be barred from seeking compensation. Call our Beverly Hills personal injury law firm to speak with a personal injury lawyer. Our lawyers at Conlogue Law LLP will ensure that your rights are protected.
How is My Case Affected by the Statute of Limitations?
For a lawsuit to be successful, it is essential to understand the statute of limitations. The applicable statute of limitations restrictions set strict deadlines on injury claims in California. If you try to litigate the claim after the deadline has passed and fail to launch an action, your claim may be dismissed without a hearing.
Consider the possibility that you were hurt in a collision with a drunk driver. The driver is the defendant in your negligence claim. If you fail to consider getting legal counsel after the accident and within two years, in reality, you put off speaking with a personal injury law office that can help you assess the underlying claims.
The Discovery Rule
Even if you have waited for an excessively long period of time, you should speak with personal injury attorneys before abandoning your claims because there are various exceptions to the statute of limitations. The Discovery Rule, which assures that the statute of limitations does not start to run until the day that the damage was discovered, or should have been discovered, allows plaintiffs in California, for instance, to prolong their statute of limitations time. You would probably be qualified to invoke the Discovery Rule if you suffered concealed and asymptomatic damage that medical professionals failed to recognize until much later.
Seek the legal advice of a Los Angeles personal injury attorney to have strong legal counsel behind you. The last thing you want is for your last opportunity to file a claim and receive the settlement to blow off.
Call a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney to Fight on Your Side!
If you have been injured due to the negligence or fault of another, it is important to contact a qualified and experienced Los Angeles California personal injury attorney as soon as possible. These attorneys can provide you with the legal advice and representation necessary to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the maximum amount of compensation available.
At Conlogue Law LLP, we make sure you understand the legal process, and that you are on time when filing the necessary paperwork. Our goal is to make sure other people pay for the negligence that caused you to obtain personal injuries. So, don’t delay. Call our Los Angeles personal injury law firm today, and let’s work together in fighting for the justice you deserve!