Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can be life-altering for victims and their families. They may be dealing with physical, cognitive, and emotional challenges, as well as financial stress from medical bills and lost income. At our law firm, we understand the concerns TBI victims may have and are dedicated to helping them seek the compensation they deserve. Whatever the cause of your injury, Conlogue Law can guide you through the legal process and fight for your rights. If you or a loved one have suffered a TBI, please do not hesitate to contact our Los Angeles traumatic brain injury attorney.
At Conlogue Law, LLP, we are committed to advocating for the rights of individuals in California. We strive to provide support and guidance to those who have been impacted by a variety of circumstances, and we are eager to assist you in any way we can. Our mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of those who make our lives better, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you.
If you’re a traumatic brain injury victim, our reliable California personal injury law office can help you find justice and peace! Call Conlogue Law today to schedule a consultation.
Why Do I Need a Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in California?
Let’s face it, life isn’t always fair. Even the most careful people can get caught in a bad situation. That’s why we’re here at Conlogue Law, to help make things right for folks who have been injured in California. We’ll fight to get you the justice and compensation you deserve.
The law involving traumatic brain injury and personal injury can be complex. And you’ll likely face someone with an attorney that will help them minimize how much they pay you.
Hiring a Los Angeles traumatic brain injury attorney is advantageous for many reasons. Here are some ways hiring a skilled attorney can help you:
- You can have peace of mind: It can be challenging to deal with the effects of the TBI. You may not be in the right state of mind to handle what needs to be done. An attorney can manage the legal side of things so you can focus on your recovery!
- We will make your recovery our top priority: You deserve nothing less than the best medical care! After all, it’s not your fault you received such a tragic injury. When you hire us, we can help you obtain the medical treatment you need.
- We will ensure that your rights are protected: The tactics of insurance companies often involve giving you less money than you deserve. When you hire us, we can prevent any entity from stepping on your rights.
- We know how to evaluate how much you deserve: The effects of a TBI can be more extensive than you think. We work with trusted experts to help determine the extent of your TBI and what kind of medical care you need.
What is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a type of damage to the brain that occurs when an external force damages the brain. TBI can result in a wide range of cognitive, physical, and emotional symptoms and can have a profound effect on a person’s quality of life.
TBI is a leading cause of death and disability in the United States. Each year, an estimated 2.87 million people sustain a TBI. Of these, 52,000 die, 275,000 are hospitalized, and 1.365 million are treated and released from an emergency department.
TBI contributes to a third (30%) of all injury-related deaths in the United States.
A TBI can have life-long consequences for you and your family. Call our experienced Los Angeles traumatic brain injury lawyer to seek justice for your head injuries!
What Usually Causes TBI?
Many incidents can cause traumatic brain injury. Here are some of the more common ones:
- Falls: A lot of people get hurt by falling, and it’s the main reason why people go to the emergency room because of a TBI. It makes up 47% of all TBI cases.
- Motor vehicle crashes: Another common reason for TBI is car accidents. They make up 17% of all TBI cases. Car accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents all place victims at risk for TBI.
- Struck by/against events: Sometimes, people get hurt by getting hit by something or getting hit against something. This happens in 16% of all TBI cases.
- Assaults: When someone gets hurt because of a fight or attack, it’s called an assault. This happens in 10% of all TBI cases.
Other common causes include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Sports-related injuries
- Gunshot wounds
How Do I Know If I Have TBI?
The surest way to know is to ask a qualified physician to diagnose you. If you’re not sure whether your condition warrants a visit, here are a few telltale signs of a TBI:
- Sleep problems
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Problems with vision
- Problems with hearing
- Problems with balance and coordination
- Cognitive effects can include:
- Problems with thinking
- Problems with memory and concentration
- Problems with attention and focus
- Mood swings
- Personality changes
If you suspect you suffer damage to your brain tissue, it’s best to seek immediate medical attention. If the injury was not your fault, our trained severe traumatic brain injury attorney could help you recover maximum compensation. Call our Los Angeles law office today to talk about your personal injury claim.
What Damages Can I Receive in a TBI Case?
The types and amounts of damages available in a TBI case will depend on the specific facts and circumstances of the case. In general, however, TBI victims may be able to recover economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are those that have a specific monetary value, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage. Non-economic damages are more subjective but can include pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life. In some cases, punitive damages may also be available.
You deserve to be compensated for all the suffering you’ve endured. Call our Los Angeles personal injury attorney today for legal advice on your next steps!
Call our Experienced Los Angeles Longshore Claim Attorney Today!
If you or a loved one has been a TBI victim, it can be a confusing and overwhelming time. You may be dealing with medical bills, lost income, and other expenses, all while trying to recover from your injuries. That’s where we come in. At our law firm, we focus on personal injury cases and can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. We understand the concerns you may have and are dedicated to helping you seek the justice to which you’re entitled. Don’t hesitate to contact us to schedule a consultation and learn more about your legal options.
If you or a loved one has suffered from a brain injury, contact a California personal injury lawyer immediately. Our Los Angeles law office is prepared to help anyone whose rights have been violated.
Aside from TBI claims, we also offer assistance with the following:
- Motorcycle accident cases
- Car accident cases
- Truck accident cases
- Maritime accident cases
- Airbnb accident cases