Broken bones can occur as a result of accidents involving cars, motorcycles, construction sites, and many other accidents. Few people are aware of the profound effects a fractured bone may have on your life, especially given the long healing times and high risk of re-injury. Your mobility may be negatively affected permanently if a bone doesn’t heal properly. Your physical and financial well-being can suffer greatly. But a Los Angeles broken bone lawyer can assist you in rebuilding your life.
Conlogue Law LLP advocates for victims of broken bone accidents throughout Los Angeles, California. Our legal team provides our clients with strong legal counsel as well as caring, efficient service. If you decide to retain our services, we will strive to get you the compensation you deserve. While you focus on your recovery, we will work tirelessly to achieve favorable results for your case.
To start pursuing the compensation, you are entitled to, get in touch with our Los Angeles CA broken bone accident lawyer immediately!
Why do I need a Broken Bone Attorney in California?
Some personal injury lawsuits can be resolved without the help of an attorney. Having someone with legal expertise and experience with injury claims analyze your case, however, can be beneficial. A lawyer can advise you on your legal options and assesses if engaging a personal injury attorney would be advantageous.
The insurance provider for the at-fault party has a sizable staff of experts working for it to shield it from responsibility. These groups are not on your side. The insurance company’s claim adjusters, investigators, and their attorneys are acting against your best interests. This game is unfair. By engaging a legal team to fight for your rights and fair compensation, you may level the playing field.
At Conlogue Law LLP, you can have someone on your side who exclusively has your best interests in mind. Here are just a few of the services we can provide for you:
- Give you guidance and help you make better decisions
- Assess your case and establish liability
- File your personal injury claim in a timely manner
- Build your case with strong evidence
- Gather evidence, police reports, and medical records
- Track down witnesses and consult with experts
- Increase the value of your claim
- Speed up the process and help you get faster compensation
- Negotiate with insurance companies and secure maximum compensation
- Prepare and represent you in court trials
You deserve a chance to get back on your feet and restore your life. Let us help you. We are eager to learn more about your situation and how we can assist you. Contact our Los Angeles broken bone lawyers at Conlogue Law LLP immediately!
What is a Broken Bone?
A broken bone or bone fracture happens when a force applied to a bone is greater than the bone’s ability to withstand. This disrupts the bone’s structure and strength, resulting in pain, loss of function, and, in certain cases, bleeding and damage around the location.
Broken bones and fractured bones are common injuries sustained in Los Angeles vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, slips and falls on unsafe sites, and bicycle accidents. Not every accident results in a severely broken bone; they can be rather small and heal within a few weeks. However, victims may also sustain multiple fractures and bone breaks that take a long time to heal.
If someone was negligent and caused your broken bone injuries, that person or company should be held accountable. This is where finding the best personal injury law firm comes in. You need a Los Angeles broken bone lawyer on your side who has the experience, abilities, and resources to take on any defendant, no matter how large and powerful they are. Reach out to us now and allow us to advocate for your right to full and fair compensation for your injuries.
What are the Common Types of Broken Bone Injuries?
Broken bones differ in severity. Recovering from any fractured bone requires a certain amount of time and can interfere with your normal activities, including your capacity to work.
The following are examples of common types of broken bone injuries:
- Avulsion fracture – Typically takes place when a little piece of bone linked to a ligament comes away from the main bone. This type of fracture often requires surgical repair.
- Comminuted Fracture – This happens when the bone breaks in more than two locations. Comminuted fractures are the most dangerous kind of fracture and require the most time to heal.
- Compound fracture. Usually, this happens when a bone pierces the skin. Compound fractures are extremely distressing and painful, taking weeks or even months to heal.
- Hairline fracture – Also referred to as a stress fracture. These are generally modest and rarely detected by X-ray. Most of these fractures heal spontaneously. However, they require that you avoid overstretching the space.
- Simple Fracture – They do not pierce the skin. These fractures can be either full, where the bone completely separates, or partial, where the bone cracks but does not break.
- Stable fracture. A bone that is broken but with minimum damage. The ends of the bones closely match, making healing simpler than with more severe fractures.
- Transverse Fracture – A severe injury in which the bone breaks at a 90-degree angle. These fractures frequently necessitate the services of a trauma surgeon and necessitate a lengthy recovery period.
Even if you strictly adhere to the doctor’s instructions, your broken bones may never fully heal. Some victims never fully regain their mobility. Even with a good prognosis, breaking a bone in an accident can disrupt your life and give you significant pain and suffering.
A Los Angeles CA broken bone accident lawyer is aware of how terrible it is to be in this situation. And we understand your need for quality legal representation to help you obtain fair damages claims. Call us today!
What are the Causes of Broken Bone Injuries in Los Angeles?
There are many different ways in which a person can sustain a broken bone injury, but certain accidents carry a higher risk of causing fractures than others do. If your injuries were caused by an accident that was not your fault, you should not be responsible for your hospital bills or other expenses. This includes any lost wages or other costs.
The following are some examples of the kinds of accidents that frequently result in broken bones or fractures and lead to claims for compensation for personal injuries:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability (slip and fall accidents)
- Truck accidents
- Product liability
No matter what type of accident caused your broken bone or fractured bone, if it was due to the negligence of someone else, you should be compensated fairly. Reach out to a Los Angeles CA broken bone accident lawyer immediately to begin the process of your personal injury claim.
How to Bring a Negligence Claim in a Broken Bone Accident?
You might be entitled to bring a negligence claim against the party at blame if you fractured or broke a bone in an accident. The act of failing to exercise due care in a way that leads to the hurt of another person is known as negligence. The term reasonable care refers to the level of caution that a person of reasonable caution would use in the same or similar situations.
To succeed in a negligence claim, you and your Los Angeles CA broken bone accident lawyer must show the following:
- The defendant owes a duty to exercise reasonable care;
- That duty of care was breached;
- That you sustained actual harm as a direct result of the defendant’s breach;
- And that you suffered real compensable damages, such as lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and more as a result.
If you or a loved one has suffered a bone injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, our Los Angeles personal injury lawyer is here to assist you in receiving the justice you deserve.
Do I Have a Claim If I Only Broke One Small Bone?
People often make the error of underestimating the potential of their case, which is one of the most prevalent mistakes. You have nothing to lose by taking advantage of the initial legal advice offered by our Los Angeles personal injury lawyer to learn more about your legal options.
You may have a personal injury claim if you sustained a small broken bone that led to the following:
- You can’t drive to work or school.
- You are unable to perform work tasks such as typing, climbing ladders, or lifting.
- You incur hefty medical expenses.
- You must take time off for doctor’s appointments.
- Even when the broken bone heals, the injury causes chronic discomfort or arthritis.
- It causes insomnia and anxiety.
If you are still unsure if your injuries qualify for a claim, call our Los Angeles broken bone lawyer. Describe in detail with our personal injury attorney what transpired, your injuries, and the damages you’ve been enduring. Once we have gathered all the information from your account, we can determine the nature of your case, the damages to which you are entitled, and the value of your claim. Do not discount your chances before consulting with our personal injury law firm.
What are My Options if I Suffer a Broken Bone Injury on the Job?
You will require more compensation if you get a broken bone injury at work than worker’s compensation would provide. Accidents and injuries sustained while working are typically covered by an employer’s insurance policy or workers’ compensation. This coverage is limited, though. Many employers occasionally reject a valid injury claim. Our team of Los Angeles broken bone attorneys at Conlogue Law LLP will fight for justice on your side if we think this is unfair.
We advise that you get in touch with us as soon as you can because there is a statute of limitations on claims for personal injuries. You may rely on us to make this process as stress-free as possible for you and your family as you recover from your injuries. We will also work tirelessly to obtain a favorable settlement on your behalf. Speak to us right away!
What are the Damages Claims for a Los Angeles Broken Bone Accident?
Anyone can attest that having broken bones is a miserable experience. However, the trauma can be compounded by the knowledge that your injury was avoidable. In addition to this, dealing with insurance providers is not an easy task. They will frequently try to convince you to admit that you were at fault in the accident so that they can reduce the amount that they pay out on your claim.
Allow our Los Angeles broken bone lawyer to deal with the insurance companies on your behalf. We will work hard to ensure that you are fairly compensated. A settlement for your economic damages could include the following provisions:
- Ambulance expenses
- All medical bills caused by your broken bone injury
- Future medical care
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Any necessary medical equipment or device
- Property damage, either the cost of repairing or replacing your property
- Lost wages
Non-economic damages are intended to recompense you for the emotional harm caused by your accident injuries. Although they are not based on exact amounts, they comprise the majority of your final decision or settlement:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium (such as companionship, sex, guidance)
Contact our Los Angeles broken bone attorney at Conlogue Law LLP to increase your claim’s chances of success.
What is the Time Limit for Filing a Broken Bone Injury Lawsuit?
You have two years from the incident that resulted in your bone fracture to file your personal injury lawsuit, according to the California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) 335.1. The statute of limitations begins to run on the date you were injured. If the opposing party discovers your late submission, they can request the judge to dismiss your case, and you’ll lose your chance to obtain damages. It’s imperative that you move quickly.
The California statute of limitations for personal injury cases is also subject to a number of exceptions in particular circumstances. To know what specific California law applies to your case, get in touch with a Los Angeles broken bone lawyer as soon as you can. If you don’t have enough time to spare, call us today!
Call our Los Angeles Broken Bone Attorney Now!
Many people assume that because it is only a broken bone, they should try to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company directly. This is a huge mistake. Broken bones can result in internal or undetected injuries, which can result in catastrophic injury in the future and ballooning medical expenses.
You have the best chance of receiving appropriate medical attention and recovering damages by working with a Los Angeles broken bone lawyer as soon as you can following the accident. You can also defend yourself and battle for what is rightfully yours if you have legal representation.
Accidents involving broken bone injuries are frequently challenging and complex, but the legal team of Conlogue Law LLP is equipped with what it takes to successfully win a claim. We also offer services in civil rights and maritime personal injury practice areas. For a thorough case review, call our law office right now and speak with our Los Angeles CA broken bone accident lawyer.